Serving Size: 2 Chimichangas
Servings Per Recipe: 4
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup of your favorite salsa (we used Pace Medium Picante)
1 handful cilantro, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese (can use cheddar, Mexican blend, or even pepper jack)
1 small bunch of green onion, chopped including tops
8 soft taco size tortillas (8inches)
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix together the shredded chicken, salsa, cheese, taco seasoning, cilantro, garlic, and green onion together in a bowl. If it seems overly dry you can add more salsa.
3. Put approximately 1/4 cup of the chicken mix into your tortilla.
4. Fold in opposite sides and roll up. Place seam side down in your baking dish.
5. Brush (I spooned) melted butter over the tops of your tortillas. This will help crisp them up!
6. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
*We served with Guacamole, you could also use sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, salsa, extra green onion, or whatever you like!